ADMIRALITY & MARITIME ATTORNEYS
C. Thomas (Tom) Miller
Matthew S. Eddy
Admiralty & Maritime Law
At Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub, PLLC, excellence meets expertise in Admiralty and Maritime Law. As leaders in the field, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of legal solutions tailored to the complex and dynamic nature of maritime matters.
Our dedicated team of attorneys possess a profound understanding of the intricacies of Admiralty and Maritime Law. With a wealth of experience navigating complex legal challenges, we stand as trusted advocates for individuals, businesses, and entities involved in maritime activities.
Our firm is committed to providing comprehensive legal services that extend across the spectrum of Admiralty and Maritime Law. Whether you are dealing with issues related to vessel transactions, maritime contracts, personal injury claims, or any other maritime legal concern, our seasoned attorneys are well-equipped to guide you through the complexities of this specialized legal domain.
What sets us apart is not just our expertise but also our unwavering commitment to client success. We prioritize clear communication, thorough analysis, and strategic planning to ensure that our clients receive the best possible representation. Our goal is to empower our clients with the knowledge and support they need to make informed decisions and achieve favorable outcomes.
Our firm has an extensive practice in maritime litigation and transactions including:
- Defense of major barge lines, smaller operators and their insurers in personal injury claims brought under the Jones Act and general maritime law
- Allision, collision, tow breakaways, sinking and other maritime incidents
- Proceedings under the Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Act
- Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act proceedings
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Breach of contract, bailment and marine insurance coverage disputes
- Charters (bareboat and fully found)
- Vessel purchases and sales
- Vessel documentation and financing including first preferred ship mortgages
- Riparian rights disputes
- Marina liability and transactions
- Coast Guard and OSHA incident investigations
- Section 905(b) actions
- Vessel seizures
We are in close proximity to, and have clients operating on, the Ohio, Tennessee, Mississippi and Cumberland Rivers.