Matt lives with his wife, Caroline, and daughters, Jane and Stella, in Paducah, Kentucky. After graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in English from Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky, he earned his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School. Matt served as law clerk to the Hon. Thomas B. Russell, United States District Judge for the Western District of Kentucky, for two years before joining Whitlow, Roberts, Houston, & Straub, PLLC in 2019.
Before his federal judicial clerkship, Matt gained experience in law school by interning at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee, Seiller Waterman, LLC in Louisville, and Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts in Nashville, TN. Matt also served as Student Writing Editor on the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law and Community Service Opportunities Director of the Vanderbilt Legal Aid Society.
• Tennessee Bar, 2017
• Kentucky Bar, 2019
• United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2020
- Georgetown College, B.A., summa cum laude, 2012
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2017
- Student Writing Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Community Service Opportunities Director, Vanderbilt Legal Aid Society
- Joint Sewer Agency Board of Directors
- Paducah Young Professionals, Steering Committee
- Rotary Club of Paducah
- Propeller Club of Paducah