Eric C. Straub
Eric was born and raised in Paducah, Kentucky and is a graduate of Heath High School. He attended Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri on a golf scholarship before earning his J.D. from the University of Kentucky College of Law. He is married to Emma and joined Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub, PLLC as an associate in August 2017.
Eric gained experience in the legal field while an undergraduate at Missouri State interning a summer at the law office of Boehl, Stopher, & Graves in 2012 and a summer at Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub, PLLC in 2013. While in law school, Eric gained invaluable experience clerking at Garmer & Prather, PLLC. He was a law clerk for two summers and worked during the school year. He gained significant experience in legal research, drafting pleadings, drafting substantive motions, discovery, and preparing for depositions, mediations, and trials.
At Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub, PLLC Eric has worked with clients in a variety of areas. He has advised both personal representatives and beneficiaries through the probate process and has assisted clients in the handling and settling of decedents’ estates. He also has experience in litigation involving decedents’ estates. Eric advises clients regarding their estate planning needs and drafts related documents including Wills, Powers of Attorney, Living Will Directives, Testamentary Trusts, Revocable Trusts and Irrevocable Trusts.
In addition to his experience in probate and estate planning, Eric is also focusing his practice in real estate and property law by performing title exams for residential and commercial properties, assisting clients with property law issues and drafting documents including deeds, mortgages and real estate purchase and sale agreements.
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 2017
- Student Bar Association ABA Representative
- Vice President, Sports and Entertainment Law Society.
- Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
- B.S., Socio-Political Communication
- Undergraduate Certification in Conflict and Dispute Resolution
- Four-Year Letterman on Men’s Varsity Golf Team
Licenses and Associations
- Kentucky Bar Association
- McCracken County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Division 1 Cleveland Golf/Srixon All America Scholar, 2014
- Missouri Valley Conference Leadership and Service Award recipient, 2014
- Maroon and White Scholar Athlete at Missouri State 2009-2014
- Rotary Club of Paducah
- Paducah Young Professionals Steering Committee
- United Way Reading Pal
- Paducah Business Network
- Leadership Paducah Class #32