Eric C. Straub
Mr. Straub joined Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub as an Associate in 2017. He became a Member of the firm in 2023. In his time at WRHS, he has represented numerous Executors, Administrators, Trustees, and beneficiaries in various probate, estate, and trust administration matters. Mr. Straub advises client(s) through the probate processes and assists in ensuring compliance with relevant law and statutory procedures, transferring inherited property both real and personal and settling decedents’ estates. Mr. Straub understands the hardship administering a loved one’s estate can add to the grieving process. He strives to never lose sight of that and to make the process as easy as possible.
Experienced in both testate (with a Will) and intestate (without a Will) estates and administration, equipped to handle contested and uncontested estate matters, creditor’s claims, Will contests, litigation involving decedents’ estates and personal representatives, and preparing and filing Kentucky inheritance tax returns. Mr. Straub is a top-rated Estate Planning and Probate attorney recognized by Super Lawyers© as a Kentucky Rising Star in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024.
Mr. Straub’s estate planning practice consists of advising individuals and couples regarding their specific estate planning needs and drafting documents to effectuate their tailored plan. This includes drafting and executing Wills, Powers of Attorney, Living Will Directives, Testamentary Trusts, Revocable/Irrevocable Trusts, Prenuptial Agreements, and other estate planning documents. He also advises clients on planning for federal estate taxation and Kentucky inheritance taxation.
Possesses experience in business succession planning, business entity formation, dissolution of business entities, transactions, business acquisitions and sales, and asset sales/purchases. He is well versed in organizing and structuring limited liability companies, corporations, partnerships, and nonprofit entities and their operating agreements, bylaws, contracts, stock restriction agreements and buy-sell agreements.
Related to his experience in probate administration, estate planning, and business, Mr. Straub’s practice involves real estate and property law, facilitating residential and commercial real estate closings (lender-financed and cash), performing title exams for residential and commercial properties, assisting clients with property law issues, including landlord-tenant issues, evictions, quiet title actions, and partition actions. He is experienced in drafting real estate purchase and sale agreements, contracts, deeds, promissory notes, mortgages, and leases.
- J.D., University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law, 2017
- Student Bar Association ABA Representative
- Vice President, Sports and Entertainment Law Society
- B.S., Missouri State University, Springfield, MO, 2014
- Major: Socio-Political Communication
- Undergraduate Certification in Conflict and Dispute Resolution
- Men’s Varsity Golf Team
- Student Athlete Advisory Council Representative
- Missouri Valley Conference Student Athlete Advisory Council
- President 2012-2013
- Vice President 2011-2012
Licenses and Associations
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Probate & Trust Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- McCracken County Bar Association
- President-Elect 2023-2024
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Recognitions and Achievements
- Young Professional Award University of Kentucky Rosenberg College of Law, 2023
- Duke of Paducah, June 28, 2023
- Four Rivers Business Journal Young Leader of Western Kentucky Award, 2022
- Selected Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star® 2020-2024
- Finalist Four Rivers Business Journal Young Leader Western Kentucky Award, 2021
- USGA United States Mid-Amateur Qualifier, 2021
- Kentucky Bar Association 2019 CLE Award
- Division 1 Cleveland Golf/Srixon All America Scholar, 2014
- Missouri Valley Conference Leadership and Service Award recipient, 2014
- Maroon and White Scholar Athlete at Missouri State 2009-2014
- Paducah Junior College Foundation Board of Trustees 2023-present
- Rotary Club of Paducah 2018-present
- Immediate Past President 2023-2024
- President 2022-2023
- Vice President/President-Elect 2021-2022
- Membership Chair 2019-2021
- Board of Directors 2018-present
- Paducah Young Professionals 2017-present
- Steering Committee 2018-2021
- United Way Reading Pal 2017-present
- Paducah Bank Community Board Member 2021-Present
- Baptist Health Foundation President’s Circle
- Leadership Paducah Class #32
- American Cancer Society Volunteer
- 2019 Dancing with our Stars Participant and Co-Champion
- 2020 Real Men Wear Pink Participant
- 2022 Dancing with our Stars Committee Co-Chair
- 2023 Dancing with our Stars Mentor
Eric is proud to have been born and raised in Paducah, Kentucky. He is a graduate of Heath High School (2009). He attended Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri on a golf scholarship before earning his J.D. from the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law.
After graduating law school and passing the Kentucky Bar exam in 2017, Eric returned home to join Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub, PLLC as an Associate. Eric is married to Emma Robinson Straub, a Paducah native and Lone Oak High School graduate. Emma is a golf instructor at The Golf Complex and previously coached the McCracken County High School girls’ golf team.
Eric and Emma are the proud parents of Emilia Kristine Straub and Eric Collins Straub, Jr. Eric enjoys spending time with his family, golf, and getting involved in his community.