Darren R. Smith
Darren is a native of Paducah, Kentucky and serves as an associate with Whitlow, Roberts, Houston & Straub PLLC. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Kentucky in 2013, where he graduated with Departmental Honors in History. He then attended the University of Kentucky College of Law and earned his Juris Doctorate in 2016.
In law school, Darren spent time serving as a research assistant to two professors and also served as a senior staffer on the Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Law. Additionally, while in law school, he served as an extern with the Lexington Department of Public Advocacy, where he fostered an appreciation for the litigation process and zealous advocacy on behalf of clients. Since graduating law school, he has gained vast experience in a wide variety of civil matters in Kentucky, Illinois, and Tennessee. His experience primarily includes the areas of motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, products liability, and construction law. He has successfully navigated all facets of the civil litigation process from inception through jury trial. He has argued before multiple state courts and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Tennessee
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D. 2016
- Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Law Senior Staffer
- CALI Award in Copyright Law
- University of Kentucky, B.A. 2013
- Departmental Honors in History